How well do you know social media? Take this quiz and find out! (Answer key at bottom of page.)
1) Are there more or less than 1.5 billion social media users worldwide?
2) What percentage of all buyers use social med to help them make purchasing decisions?
3) What percentage of B2B buyers use social media to help them make purchasing decisions?
4) True or false: More than half of sales teams that use inbound social selling reach their quotas.
5) Multiple choice: What percentage of salespeople using social media outperform their peers? A. 53% B. 78% C. 81% D. 48%
6) What year was Facebook founded?
7) What social media platform do B2B marketers say is most effective?
8) What was Intsagram’s first name?
9) Is a blog considered social media?
10) True or false: Less than half of B2B marketers ask their audiences to subscribe to a blog.
Bonus) If you were Zuckerberg, what would you have named your “Facebook”?
Bonus) What amount of money would you want to live in a hut with no social media or electronics for 1 month?
What Your Score Means
8-to-10 correct: You’re pretty savvy about social media.
5-to-7 correct: You’ve got some social media and business smarts.
0-to-4 correct: It’s time to educate on how you can use social.
Keep scrolling for the Answer Key.
Enjoy quizzes? With emojis taking over text messages, emails, and image captions, it’s important to be able to speak the language. This NY Times quiz tests your knowledge by composing sentences entirely from emoji, and giving several choices for translation.
1) More (McKinsey and Company)
2) 55% (IBM)
3) More than 70% (Dell)
4) True – 64% reach their quota (The Aberdeen Group)
5) B. 78% (Forbes)
6) 2004 (Facebook)
7) LinkedIn (Content Marketing Institute)
8) Burbn (Kevin Svystrom)
9) Yes. Social media is more than just social networks. A social network is an online gathering place for people to connect. Social Media is any form of social interaction that revolves around some form of media. (Brian Clark, founder of Copyblogger)
10) False. 56% invite audiences to subscribe to blogs. (Content Marketing Institute)
Omnibeat is the digital marketing outsource solution for growth in Los Alamitos and the greater Long Beach area.
Nate Trimmer is a Co-Founder of Omnibeat. As a social media enthusiast with a background in organizational development and computer technology, he strives to help businesses understand and embrace social media.